Winemakers and local producers across the Mudgee Region are extraordinarily passionate about impressing your palate.
Winemakers seek to make each wine unique and compelling. They achieve this through diversity of climate, soil and wine making technique (and an unadulterated love for what they do). This provides an unparalleled opportunity to sample great wines with personality and character, while relaxing in a sophisticated yet peaceful and welcoming country setting away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
In Mudgee Region, you will discover older wine styles fondly remembered from the past right alongside exciting new wines relatively unknown here, yet are household names in other parts of the world.
Most importantly, you’ll meet people who adore what they do. You’ll find the unmistakable stamp of concentration, character and European finesse demonstrated in our wines, carefully matched to complement local produce at one of our region’s many impressive eateries.
Your taste buds will never quite be the same after sampling Mudgee Region’s locally foraged produce. The best thing is, there’s more than one way to get into it.
Loads of Australia’s finest foodies are bragging about their Mudgee Region experience, so why not see for yourself what all the fuss is about.
Mudgee has long been famed for its sweet, sweet honey. We’re also home to, and a major producer of, olives and high quality olive oils. You’re a nut fan? That’s ok; we have a delicious range of hazelnuts and pistachios too.
And you haven’t tried local until you’ve sampled our cheeses (feta fanatics regularly revisit to restock), the perfect accompaniment to Mudgee wine. But, if sweet is more your thing we still have you covered with award winning chocolate, made right here in Mudgee.
Fresh is best and you can’t beat free range lamb, beef, pork and yabbies for your protein hit. All feature on local menus across the region, that’s the beauty of dining in the country. Local artisans do love sharing their food dreams. So, why not meet them in person to say hello and grab some tucker at our monthly Farmer’s Markets and Farm Walks.
With country charm and sophisticated café culture, enticing coffee aromas around town will draw you in. Kick back for a lazy long late brunch or lunch. Just delicious.
And our wine bars don’t just do wine. They have a selection of craft beers and ciders and offer sophisticated bar food and more extensive dining options, again highlighting the region’s abundance of locally grown produce.
Go on, enjoy it like the locals do. Eat and treat yourself across the Mudgee Region.
With over 40 family-owned cellar doors producing a variety of wines, all designed to reset and impress your palate, the hardest choice will be which cellar door to visit first.
Your journey starts here…
- Swirl + sip your way across over 40 family-owned cellar doors, a distillery and brewery where you’ll be sure to reset + impress your palate.
- Eat + treat yourself to our famous (and scrumptious) locally foraged produce, from handmade dumplings to city quality coffee. Taste a wide range of yummy honey, our local cheeses (they’re delicious) or see how olive oil is made… and then put it to the taste test.
- Be drawn in by the country charm, sophisticated café culture and enticing coffee aromas around town.
- Kick back for a lazy long late brunch or lunch at one of our many cafes, pubs, restaurants, wineries + wine bars.
- Follow the farm gate trail around the region + meet the people behind the produce.
- Learn about country life and where your food comes from at one of our monthly farm walk tours.
- Relax + unwind at the end of the day with a glass or two of delectable wine at one of Mudgee’s famed wine bars or pubs.
- Join the crowds as they gather together to take part in the festivities at one of the region’s food + wine events.
- Meet local artisans at our monthly Farmer’s Markets where you’ll discover a range of locally grown produce.
Check out our gallery of Instagram images and picture yourself here with us in Mudgee Region. We’d love to see you!