Forgandenny House (circa 1900) is a magnificent Heritage Federation home, 250 metres from the heart of Mudgee, overlooking the beautiful Lawson Park and the Cudgegong River.
Way back in 1900 Dr. Charles Edward Lester FRCS Ed, was the first surgeon to practice in Mudgee.
After returning home to Mudgee from Scotland with new bride Minnie, Dr Lester commissioned
Architect Harold Hardwick to design Forgandenny House to be his practice and residence for years to come.
Built by Master craftsman Collyer and Carmichael, on the corner of Short and Lewis Streets,
overlooking Lawson Park and the Cudgegong River, this magnificent Federation home still proudly stands today.
Now owned and operated since the beginning of 2000, by Dr Charles Lester’s great grand-daughter
Robbie and her husband Errol,
Forgandenny House B&B is renowned for outstanding bed and breakfast accommodation.
Three spacious and elegantly appointed Queen size bedrooms, all fitted with luxury en-suites,
reverse cycle air-conditioning and authentic period furniture.
Heavenly Country breakfasts, complimentary Port & chocolates, 24/7 Tea/coffee facilities, cosy warm log fires, wide verandah’s overlooking the beautiful home gardens, tennis court, and 50m swimming pool, provide the perfect place to relax and enjoy the ambience of a by-gone era any time of the year.
Please book early to avoid disappointment!