Aussies rejoice! The festival the nation demanded is coming to Mudgee !
Mudgee and NSW’s Central West will come together to showcase their award-winning snags, gourmet produce, local wine, entertainment and more!
Get ready for more fun than you can shake a sauce bottle at as the inaugural Festival of Snags takes place right here in Mudgee! The winning festival, as part of Wotif’s Festival of Wot? initiative, will take place on Saturday 30 November 2019.
As a tribute to everyone’s favourite savoury snack – the humble, mouth-watering snag – inflatable snag battles, the ultimate Pimp Your Snag condiment station, a sausage-eating competition and more will feature on the day, celebrating the very best of our local fare.
Mudgee’s renowned local wine, produce and gourmet delicacies will take centre stage in the Taste Mudgee food hall and a whopping selection of sausages will be on offer in Australia’s own Meatpacker District, including creative flavours like vegemite and cheese and delicious veggie options, where local butchers will battle it out to claim the people’s choice award. Consider yourself a budding cook? Why not get involved in the cooking demonstrations throughout the day, led by Mudgee’s own The Little Cooking School.
The little snags sure haven’t been forgotten! The Chipolatas Kid Zone will keep the kids entertained for hours thanks to a giant inflatable obstacle course, petting zoo and face painting. Plus, the best local musicians and performers will be hitting the stage, with a special performance by hottest party band Furnace and the Fundamentals to conclude the festival!
Saturday 30 November 2019. Gates open from 12pm
Mudgee Showground (Enter via 59 Douro Street, Mudgee)
• Mudgee’s finest local snags in Australia’s own Meatpacker District from local favourites S&S Meats, Let’s Meat, Mudgee Lamb, Perry Street Meats and the award-winning Gulgong Butchery
• Mudgee’s renowned local wine, produce and gourmet delicacies in the Taste Mudgee food hall
• Food trucks, stalls and picnic hampers from the aromatic Smokin Bro & Co, Milnes of Mudgee, Bank Corner Wine & Gelato Bar and Kookaburra Estate Farm Kitchen
• Pimp Your Snag condiment station by Milnes of Mudgee, with endless topping combinations to dazzle your Instagram (and tastebuds)
• Cooking demonstrations by The Little Cooking School, where you’ll soon become a snag-cooking whiz
• Snagiator battles, snag tossing and giant inflatable snag races in the Game of Snags arena
• Snag eating and tying competitions to win the honour of the Snag King or Queen
• Chipolatas Kid Zone for the little ones, including a giant inflatable obstacle course, petting zoo and face painting
• The Wotif Search Engine, the best-looking truck on Aussie roads, designed to find your perfect holiday match
• Local performances and live music throughout the day
• Live performance by Australia’s larger-than-life party starters Furnace & The Fundamentals
A shuttle bus will be available from 3.30pm until 10pm in Mudgee town.
Hail + Ride will apply – please ensure the Bus Driver can see you when you wave for the Bus.
(Approx 15min between buses on route, pending traffic conditions)
$5pp including return travel
Please have correct Cash. EFTPOS not available.
Wristband will be given to allow for return travel
View the map route below:
PLEASE NOTE: Change to Advertised Map Route. Buses will NOT travel along Nicholson/Atkinson Streets as advertised on Map. Buses will continue along Douro Street, turning left into Madeira Road, then right into Oporto Rd.