SOUTHERN CROSS KAYAKING
GUIDED KAYAK TOURS
Gliding in a stable kayak on the pristine waters of the Cudgegong River is a relaxing way to experience the wonders of the breathtaking Wollemi National Park.
Join the experienced, professional staff from Southern Cross Kayaking for a guided kayak tour of Ganguddy (Dunns Swamp) and learn about the fascinating historical and natural significance of the area. Alternatively, you can hire a kayak or paddle board - more details below.
Guided Tours will run from 9am, plus kayak + stand up paddle board hire is available all day on the following dates:
March: 30 (limited space remaining)
April: 2, 7, 8, 14-29
Tour duration is 2-2.5 hours. Cost is $50 per person ($45 if 12-16 years of age) + $3 booking fee per ticket. Suitable for children 12 years and older and paddlers of all skill levels, boats are stable, ‘sit-in’ kayaks. Meet at the picnic area beside the boat ramp.
Cost Includes: Use of quality sea kayaks, paddles and safety gear, Safety briefing, Paddling instruction and map, Use of dry bag for your camera.
What to bring:
Shoes that can get wet, Sun protection (hat &/or sunscreen), Drinking water, Sense of fun and adventure .
Tour will depart daily except in extreme weather conditions of high wind or electrical storms. Contact Southern Cross Kayaking on 0439 936 480 if in doubt.
Tickets available from Mudgee Visitors Information Centre, open 7 days at 84 Market Street, Mudgee
Kayak + stand up paddle board hire
Stand up paddle boards + kayaks are also available to hire at Dunns Swamp Ganguddy on scheduled tour days (as above).
Pricing + Duration:
Single Kayak - $30 for 1 hour / $50 for 2 hours
Standard Double Kayak - $35 for 1 hour / $60 for 2 hours (can add extra seat for child 5-6 years)
Double Sea Kayak (with rudder) - $40 for 1 hour / $70 for 2 hours
Stand up Paddle Board - $30 per hour
BOOKINGS NOT REQUIRED FOR PADDLE BOARD + KAYAK HIRE
location + directions
The meeting place for Guided Kayak Tours and Kayak Hire is in the Day Use Picnic Area at Ganguddy Campground in the spectacular Wollemi National Park, NSW.
Approximate travel time by car from:
Sydney CBD - 4 hours
Katoomba, Blue Mountains - 2.5 hours
Bathurst - 1.5 hours (via Sofala)
Mudgee - 1.5 hours (via Lue)
Southern Cross Kayaking and Dunns Swamp do appear on 'Google Maps', however not on all GPS car navigation systems, so please check before setting off, or follow these directions:
- From Sydney, Blue Mountains and Bathurst, turn off Castlereagh Highway just past Ilford to Kandos, then travel 7km to Rylstone. From Mudgee via the Lue Rd, turn right onto Bylong Valley way and travel 4km to Rylstone.
- Turn beside Rylstone Hospital (Fitzgerald St), and stay on this road, following the signs to Wollemi National Park.
- Distance from Rylstone is 25kms and takes approximately 25 minutes. The last 8km is gravel road suitable for 2 wheel drive vehicles, but is narrow and winding in places, so please drive with care.
- You will cross a cattle grid beside a small hut (this is the last place for phone reception), continue on another 3kms and turn left at the sign to Ganguddy Campground.
- Upon entering the campground, continue straight ahead to the picnic area, Southern Cross Kayaking is located beside the boat ramp. If in doubt, give us a call – 0439 936 480.