VARIOUS DATES. FULL SCHEDULE BELOW.
Guided Kayak Tours with Southern Cross Kayaking.
Gliding in a stable kayak on the pristine waters of the Cudgegong River is a relaxing way to experience the wonders of the breathtaking Wollemi National Park.
Join the experienced, professional staff from Southern Cross Kayaking for a guided kayak tour of Ganguddy (Dunns Swamp) and learn about the fascinating historical and natural significance of the area. Alternatively, you can hire a kayak or paddle board – more details below.
Tours commence at 9am. Duration is 2-2.5 hours. Cost is $60 per person + $1 booking fee per ticket. Suitable for children 12 years and older and paddlers of all skill levels, boats are stable, ‘sit-in’ kayaks. Meet at the picnic area beside the boat ramp.
Cost Includes: Use of quality sea kayaks, paddles and safety gear, Safety briefing, Paddling instruction and map, Use of dry bag for your camera.
What to bring
- Shoes that can get wet
- Sun protection (hat and/or sunscreen)
- Drinking water
- Sense of fun and adventure
Tour will depart daily except in extreme weather conditions of high wind or electrical storms. Contact Southern Cross Kayaking on 0439 936 480 if in doubt.
Tickets available from Mudgee Visitor Information Centre, open 7 days at 84 Market Street, Mudgee
- Daily tours from Saturday 26 September – Sunday 11 October 2020 (School Holidays)
- Saturday + Sunday only from 17 October – 6 December 2020
- Daily from Saturday 12 December 2020 – Tuesday 26 January 2021 (School Holidays)
- Saturday + Sunday only from Saturday 30 January – Sunday 28 March 2021
- Daily from Friday 2 April – Sunday 18 April 2021
For a limited time during daylight saving, Twilight Tours will run from 5pm on Friday evenings
- October 2020: 16,23,30
- November 2020: 6,13,20,27
- December 2020: 4,11
- February 2021: 5,12,19,26
- March 2021: 5,12,19,26
Kayak + stand up paddle board hire
Stand up paddle boards + kayaks are also available to hire at Dunns Swamp Ganguddy on scheduled tour days (as above).
Pricing + Duration:
- Single Kayak – $30 for 1 hour / $50 for 2 hours
- Standard Double Kayak – $35 for 1 hour / $60 for 2 hours (can add extra seat for child 5-6 years)
- Double Sea Kayak (with rudder) – $40 for 1 hour / $70 for 2 hours
- Stand up Paddle Board – $30 per hour
BOOKINGS NOT REQUIRED FOR PADDLE BOARD + KAYAK HIRE
location + directions
The meeting place for Guided Kayak Tours and Kayak Hire is in the Day Use Picnic Area at Ganguddy Campground in the spectacular Wollemi National Park, NSW.
Approximate travel time by car from:
- Sydney CBD – 4 hours
- Katoomba, Blue Mountains – 2.5 hours
- Bathurst – 1.5 hours (via Sofala)
- Mudgee – 1.5 hours (via Lue)
Southern Cross Kayaking and Dunns Swamp do appear on ‘Google Maps’, however not on all GPS car navigation systems, so please check before setting off, or follow these directions:
- From Sydney, Blue Mountains and Bathurst, turn off Castlereagh Highway just past Ilford to Kandos, then travel 7km to Rylstone. From Mudgee via the Lue Rd, turn right onto Bylong Valley way and travel 4km to Rylstone.
- Turn beside Rylstone Hospital (Fitzgerald St), and stay on this road, following the signs to Wollemi National Park.
- Distance from Rylstone is 25kms and takes approximately 25 minutes. The last 8km is gravel road suitable for 2 wheel drive vehicles, but is narrow and winding in places, so please drive with care.
- You will cross a cattle grid beside a small hut (this is the last place for phone reception), continue on another 3kms and turn left at the sign to Ganguddy Campground.
- Upon entering the campground, continue straight ahead to the picnic area, Southern Cross Kayaking is located beside the boat ramp. If in doubt, give us a call – 0439 936 480.