This year, visit the historic Prince of Wales Opera House in Gulgong for a series of four concerts – Voices in the House.
Voices in the House, a fascinating new series of vocal concerts in Gulgong’s historic Prince of Wales Opera House, has attracted an impressive line-up of artists.
Artists include musical theatre aficionado Gaye MacFarlane, jazz artist Christa Hughes, the genre bending Jude Bowler and opera singer Deborah Humble, who has wowed audiences on some of the world’s most prestigious stages. Ranging through musical theatre, raunchy cabaret + classical music, there is something for most musical tastes.
- Voices in the House opens in May 2022 with Gaye MacFarlane in her new show Sassy Sondheim, which takes us through the life, loves and psyche of the famous Broadway composer and lyricist Stephen Sondheim (Send in the Clowns & Somewhere), who died last year.
- Next up in June are Jude Bowler aka Marlene Dietrich and Christa Hughes in Parlour Noir, their new musical cabaret inspired by the gritty glamour, shady chic and femmes fatale of noir cinema.
- In July mezzo soprano Deborah Humble with pianist Sharolyn Kimmorley AM performs a program of Spanish songs by de Falla, Brahms’ Gypsy Songs and the famous Habanera from Bizet’s opera Carmen in My Gypsy Heart.
- Concluding the series in August is a concert titled Shakespeare which features Judith James and Paul Griffiths who free range over the influence of the Bard on music and poetry over the ages.
- Tickets purchased online below – $30pp
- Cash only at the door – $35
- Those wishing to book 3 or 4 concerts can email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a 10% discount