There are lots of ways to explore Mudgee Region. Imagine yourself on a bicycle with the fresh country air filling your lungs and breezing through your hair, kayaking through stunning gorges, reeling in tonight’s catch or hitting the sticks at one of our lush golf courses.
From easy rides around town and longer distance road trails to single track and dirt roads for mountain biking, there are plenty of choices for those looking to pedal the region. You can hire or bring your own.
Take to the water by hiring a kayak from Southern Cross Kayaking, based at Dunns Swamp during school holidays and weekends in the warmer months.
The Glen Willow sporting complex in Mudgee hosts national and international events, and ensures the town is billed as a major destination for sporting spectaculars.
Mudgee Golf Club is located just 2 minutes from the heart of Mudgee. The course has almost 80 acres of beautifully parkland grounds with undulating fairways, intimidating hazards and manicured greens. Everything has been designed to produce a golfing venue that will challenge the enthusiast and capture the interest of even the most experienced golfer.
Windamere Dam offers some heart-stopping moments for anglers seeking murray cod, silver perch and catfish. however, it’s the thrill of catching windamere’s golden perch that have the fishing fanatics excited.
Your journey starts here…
- Take a guided kayak tour or enjoy a canoe trip around Dunn’s Swamp
- Get some friends together for a 4WD adventure like no other, on the road less travelled
- Imagine yourself on a bicycle with the fresh country air filling your lungs and breezing through your hair, cycling the region is definitely one of the most exhilarating ways. From easy rides around town and longer distance road trails to single track and dirt roads for mountain biking, there are plenty of choices for those looking to pedal the region.
- Grab your clubs, hire a cart + explore the region’s lush + scenic golf courses. Alternatively, have a crack at a hole-in-one at putt putt golf.
- Get your hiking boots on and take a bushwalk through one of the region’s natural wonders, you can do a little bird-watching while you’re at it.
- Drop into Turon gates en-route to Mudgee + explore the area’s natural beauty on horseback.
- Enjoy the thrill of a helicopter flight, plane trip or hot air balloon, for a bird’s eye view of our good-looking region.
- Take a dip to cool off, try your hand at tennis or kick a ball about at one of the region’s state of the art sporting facilities.
- Throw a line in and jag a fish at Windamere Dam
Check out our gallery of Instagram images and picture yourself here with us in Mudgee Region. We’d love to see you!