Local tips for the best family friendly activities across Mudgee Region
• Get wet at the Mudgee Water Park
• Go wild at the Adventure Playground in Gulgong
• Gold panning at the Gulgong Gold Experience at Red Hill
• Go bushwalking and check out the Pagoda rock formations
• Explore our local parks, feed ducks at Lawson Park or have fun on the play equipment in Robertson Park in Mudgee and Anzac Park or Apex Park in Gulgong
• Throw a line in and jag a fish at Windamere Dam
• Check out the local skate parks
• Taste a wide range of yummy honey, discover your favourite flavour
• Gold pan and fossick in Windeyer or Hill End, hire a gold pan or metal detector and try your luck!
• Explore the southern night skies at the Mudgee Observatory
• Travel back in time at one of our many heritage museums
• Take a ride at the Mudgee Miniature Railway
• Bushwalk at Munghorn Gap (keep count of how many types of birds you see), in the Goulburn River National Park, Ferntree Gully, The Drip or Wollemi National Park
• Pack a picnic full of local produce and take it to a park or bushland and reconnect with nature
• Taste our local cheeses, they’re delicious
• See how olive oil is made and then put it to the taste test
• Have a crack at a hole-in-one at putt putt golf or one of our scenic golf courses
• Release your creativity and join a local art + craft workshop
• Learn about country life and where your food comes from at one of our monthly Farm Walk Tours
• Enjoy the thrill of a helicopter flight, for a bird’s eye view of our good-looking region
• Book a horse riding lesson or trail ride
• Take a dip at one of our pools in Gulgong, Kandos or Mudgee. Pools open on the last weekend in September and close on the last Sunday in April, open 7 days
• Navigate the Mudgee Common mountain bike trails for some adventurous fun
Featured this Month
With their tasting room and dining area overlooking the vineyard and the stunning Mudgee valley, Moothi Estate is the perfect spot to drop anchor and soak up panoramic views with delicious food, drinks + superb wine.
Escape your every day and take time to relax and unwind at Peppertree Hill Luxury Farm Accommodation. Fill your days with morning walks, markets, award winning wine, delicious food and great company – be it your own or a group of the people you love.
Taste + touch the goodness of mother earth. Learn about Aboriginal culture and traditions through Indigiearth’s passion for wellness and culinary experiences. Warakirri – their cafe and retail space is open 7 days for breakfast and lunch or take part in their 4 course dining experience – bookings essential.
Wanderlight Motor Inn
Offering warm and hospitable motel accommodation in central Mudgee, The Wanderlight caters for corporate travellers, couples and families. Spacious and well-appointed rooms feature large living areas, comfortable beds, reverse cycle air-conditioning, free WiFi and Foxtel Television.