Local tips for the best family-friendly activities across Mudgee Region
- Get wet at the Mudgee Water Park
- Go wild at the Adventure Playground in Gulgong
- Book the kids into an exhilarating tennis camp – or have a hit yourself with Premier Tennis
- Gold panning at the Gulgong Gold Experience at Red Hill
- Kayak or canoe at Ganguddy (formerly Dunns Swamp)
- Go bushwalking and check out the Pagoda rock formations
- Explore our local parks, feed ducks at Lawson Park or have fun on the play equipment in Robertson Park in Mudgee and Anzac Park or Apex Park in Gulgong
- Throw a line in and jag a fish at Windamere Dam
- Check out the local skate parks
- Taste a wide range of yummy honey, discover your favourite flavour
- Gold pan and fossick in Windeyer or Hill End, hire a gold pan or metal detector and try your luck!
- Explore the southern night skies at the Mudgee Observatory
- Travel back in time at one of our many heritage museums
- Take a ride at the Mudgee Miniature Railway
- Bushwalk at Munghorn Gap (keep count of how many types of birds you see), in the Goulburn River National Park, Ferntree Gully, The Drip or Wollemi National Park
- Pack a picnic full of local produce and take it to a park or bushland and reconnect with nature
- Taste our local cheeses, they’re delicious
- See how olive oil is made and then put it to the taste test
- Have a crack at a hole-in-one at putt putt golf or one of our scenic golf courses
- Release your creativity and join a local art + craft workshop
- Learn about country life and where your food comes from at one of our monthly Farm Walk Tours
- Enjoy the thrill of a helicopter flight, for a bird’s eye view of our good-looking region
- Book a horse riding lesson or trail ride
- Take a dip at one of our pools in Gulgong, Kandos or Mudgee. Pools open on the last weekend in September and close on the last Sunday in April, open 7 days
- Navigate the Mudgee Common mountain bike trails for some adventurous fun
Featured this Month
Charnwood Food and Wine
Charnwood Food & Wine offers an abundant seasonal menu, with succulent steaks, fresh seafood & award winning wines. Indulge in the ultimate country dining experience where friendliness and service is guaranteed!
Lazy Oak Wines
Lazy Oak is one of Mudgee’s newest and most welcoming cellar doors. Magnificent wines, delicious food and outstanding views for miles, make their cellar door a priority when visiting the Mudgee Region. One of our hidden gems.
Mudgee Honey Haven
Visit Mudgee Honey Haven and enjoy tantalising Honey Mead + Fresco tastings, multiple honey flavours, medicinal honey, the Beecare beauty range + more,. A Visit today for a unique experience with a family feel!
The Olive Nest and 1838 Wines
The Olive Nest and 1838 Wines tasting rooms and cellar door is located just a short drive from town. Their tasting rooms deliver a unique experience, through olive oil production + tastings – not to mention a delicious selection of their award winning wines.
Cobb & Co Court Boutique Hotel
The Cobb and Co Boutique Hotel is a boutique accommodation venue, located right in the heart of Mudgee. A superbly restored heritage building, it offers a variety of luxurious accommodation options appropriate to your needs. There are 14 beautifully appointed boutique hotel rooms as well as two fully self-contained luxury apartments. All of the rooms have one common ingredient – luxury!
Glenayr Farm Mudgee
Fall in love with the unrivalled views of the sunsets and incredible vistas over one of the most beautiful areas in the region. The perfect place to disconnect, reset your senses and connect with nature + your loved ones, Glenayr farm is an escape like no other…