Local tips for the best family friendly activities across Mudgee Region
• Get wet at the Mudgee Water Park
• Go wild at the Adventure Playground in Gulgong
• Gold panning at the Gulgong Gold Experience at Red Hill
• Go bushwalking and check out the Pagoda rock formations
• Explore our local parks, feed ducks at Lawson Park or have fun on the play equipment in Robertson Park in Mudgee and Anzac Park or Apex Park in Gulgong
• Throw a line in and jag a fish at Windamere Dam
• Check out the local skate parks
• Taste a wide range of yummy honey, discover your favourite flavour
• Gold pan and fossick in Windeyer or Hill End, hire a gold pan or metal detector and try your luck!
• Explore the southern night skies at the Mudgee Observatory
• Travel back in time at one of our many heritage museums
• Take a ride at the Mudgee Miniature Railway
• Bushwalk at Munghorn Gap (keep count of how many types of birds you see), in the Goulburn River National Park, Ferntree Gully, The Drip or Wollemi National Park
• Pack a picnic full of local produce and take it to a park or bushland and reconnect with nature
• Taste our local cheeses, they’re delicious
• See how olive oil is made and then put it to the taste test
• Have a crack at a hole-in-one at putt putt golf or one of our scenic golf courses
• Release your creativity and join a local art + craft workshop
• Learn about country life and where your food comes from at one of our monthly Farm Walk Tours
• Enjoy the thrill of a helicopter flight, for a bird’s eye view of our good-looking region
• Book a horse riding lesson or trail ride
• Take a dip at one of our pools in Gulgong, Kandos or Mudgee. Pools open on the last weekend in September and close on the last Sunday in April, open 7 days
• Navigate the Mudgee Common mountain bike trails for some adventurous fun
Featured this Month
Baker Williams Distillery
Baker Williams Distillery is a Micro Distillery located in Mudgee NSW, making handcrafted spirits and liqueurs focusing on regional flavours and influences. They welcome you to visit their cellar door so you can see, smell and taste their wares.
Located in the heart of Mudgee, conveniently close to the main street. Enjoy their January special – book 2 nights’ accommodation at the Ningana Motel and receive 50% off an in-house wine tour!
Mudgee Sourdough by olive.a.twist
Shop where the locals shop at Mudgee Sourdough by olive.a.twist. You will find at their ITTY BITTY BREAD SHOP long fermentation, true artisan sourdough, delectable sweet treats with a local focus, savoury goods, ice cream with a twist, Hello Lovelies cordial, and domestic sourdough baking equipment. Shop OPENS 13 January.