Local tips for the best family-friendly activities across Mudgee Region
- Get wet at the Mudgee Water Park
- Go wild at the Adventure Playground in Gulgong
- Book the kids into an exhilarating tennis camp – or have a hit yourself with Premier Tennis
- Gold panning at the Gulgong Gold Experience at Red Hill
- Kayak or canoe at Ganguddy (formerly Dunns Swamp)
- Go bushwalking and check out the Pagoda rock formations
- Explore our local parks, feed ducks at Lawson Park or have fun on the play equipment in Robertson Park in Mudgee and Anzac Park or Apex Park in Gulgong
- Throw a line in and jag a fish at Windamere Dam
- Check out the local skate parks
- Taste a wide range of yummy honey, discover your favourite flavour
- Gold pan and fossick in Windeyer or Hill End, hire a gold pan or metal detector and try your luck!
- Explore the southern night skies at the Mudgee Observatory
- Travel back in time at one of our many heritage museums
- Take a ride at the Mudgee Miniature Railway
- Bushwalk at Munghorn Gap (keep count of how many types of birds you see), in the Goulburn River National Park, Ferntree Gully, The Drip or Wollemi National Park
- Pack a picnic full of local produce and take it to a park or bushland and reconnect with nature
- Taste our local cheeses, they’re delicious
- See how olive oil is made and then put it to the taste test
- Have a crack at a hole-in-one at putt putt golf or one of our scenic golf courses
- Release your creativity and join a local art + craft workshop
- Learn about country life and where your food comes from at one of our monthly Farm Walk Tours
- Enjoy the thrill of a helicopter flight, for a bird’s eye view of our good-looking region
- Book a horse riding lesson or trail ride
- Take a dip at one of our pools in Gulgong, Kandos or Mudgee. Pools open on the last weekend in September and close on the last Sunday in April, open 7 days
- Navigate the Mudgee Common mountain bike trails for some adventurous fun
Featured this Month
Gooree Park Wines
A vast line up of delicious wine awaits you at Gooree Park. Pop into the Cellar + Pantry on Market Street, or take a drive + visit the main cellar door outside Mudgee, beautifully surrounded by their thoroughbred horse stud.
10’S Estate Organic Orchard
Visit our magical orchard and experience the freshness of tree-ripened “pick-your-own” cherries, figs and citrus fruits-with many more organically grown varieties to come!
The Woolpack Hotel is an iconic country hotel located in the heart of Mudgee’s CBD. Renowned for its well balanced mix of locals and tourists, our warm and friendly pub boasts plenty of historical charm whilst offering guests great food, refreshing drinks, live music, endless sport and prime location accommodation area.
Cherry Red is an elegant boutique where the staff pride themselves on providing a memorable shopping experience and a dedication to customer service. They deliver a personal encounter, assisting customers in finding their perfect style.
Surrounded by beautiful rolling hills, deep valleys and breathtaking views, indulge, relax + unwind in Mudgee’s newest luxury one-bedroom cabin accommodation. Fall in love with what Kundalini has to offer.
The Guesthouse: Hill End
Coffee on the verandah, fresh country air, kangaroos grazing in your backyard. Luxe two-bedroom cottage, all the trimmings. Exclusively yours, in the charming heritage village of Hill End.
Choose FlyPelican as your local airline in Mudgee with direct flights to Sydney Airport. FlyPelican prides itself on connecting the friends, families and businesses of regional Australian communities.