Local tips for the best family friendly activities across Mudgee Region
• Get wet at the Mudgee Water Park
• Go wild at the Adventure Playground in Gulgong
• Gold panning at the Gulgong Gold Experience at Red Hill
• Go bushwalking and check out the Pagoda rock formations
• Explore our local parks, feed ducks at Lawson Park or have fun on the play equipment in Robertson Park in Mudgee and Anzac Park or Apex Park in Gulgong
• Throw a line in and jag a fish at Windamere Dam
• Check out the local skate parks
• Taste a wide range of yummy honey, discover your favourite flavour
• Gold pan and fossick in Windeyer or Hill End, hire a gold pan or metal detector and try your luck!
• Explore the southern night skies at the Mudgee Observatory
• Travel back in time at one of our many heritage museums
• Take a ride at the Mudgee Miniature Railway
• Bushwalk at Munghorn Gap (keep count of how many types of birds you see), in the Goulburn River National Park, Ferntree Gully, The Drip or Wollemi National Park
• Pack a picnic full of local produce and take it to a park or bushland and reconnect with nature
• Taste our local cheeses, they’re delicious
• See how olive oil is made and then put it to the taste test
• Have a crack at a hole-in-one at putt putt golf or one of our scenic golf courses
• Release your creativity and join a local art + craft workshop
• Learn about country life and where your food comes from at one of our monthly Farm Walk Tours
• Enjoy the thrill of a helicopter flight, for a bird’s eye view of our good-looking region
• Book a horse riding lesson or trail ride
• Take a dip at one of our pools in Gulgong, Kandos or Mudgee. Pools open on the last weekend in September and close on the last Sunday in April, open 7 days
• Navigate the Mudgee Common mountain bike trails for some adventurous fun
Featured this Month
Open 7 days, Club Mudgee boasts 2 Eateries, The Bistro open from 12pm and Café from 9.30am until late. Local wines, Craft Beers and the $10 cocktail menu can be enjoyed in the Club, on the sun drenched deck or beer garden veranda. Live televised sport all day on the BIG screen in the Sports Bar. Free live music events.
Whether it’s red or white, fizzy or sticky, our family loves wine. We love making it, drinking it and most of all sharing it. Visit us in Apple Tree Flat.
Oriental Hotel Mudgee
Located in the centre of Mudgee, the Ori is one of the town’s most iconic hotels. Warm and welcoming, it is a popular location for all occasions. Offering indoor + outdoor dining spaces with an atmosphere that acts as a place for friends, wanderers, and adventurers to share a drink and meal together.
Huntington Estate has been taking orders and delivering fine wines to homes all around Australia since 1974. If you’re in Mudgee, visit their beautiful winery and vineyard, try the wines and enjoy some delicious local produce or weekend lunches in the gardens and grounds.
Paragon Hotel Mudgee
Beloved by locals and tourists alike the Paragon Hotel boasts a characterful bar to drink, delicous pub fare to eat, and a place to meet and banter with friends. Forget the hustle and bustle and immerse yourself in the delightful and welcoming Australian pub vibe. The Pub bistro is open 7 days a week, and the hotel also offers 18 great pub style rooms perfect for groups travelling together.
Mudgees Getaway Cottages
Mudgee’s Getaway self-contained cottages from one bedroom to 5-star Luxury. Mudgee’s only children’s farm-stay. Country living in town on 9 acres of private river-frontage.